Saturday, December 10, 2011

More Minutia

While some of my colleagues contemplate quite lofty and spiritual topics (see Hinda's beautifully written and thoughtful blog entries at http://zcboston2berlin.wordpress.com ), I am obsessing over much more important matters, like what to bring to entertain myself on the flight.  I am trying to travel light, opting for the IPad over the laptop, which means no ability to watch dvds, so naturally I became fixated on whether and what movies might be available on the plane.  After spending far too much time exploring this question (I am certain that the lovely customer service rep at Lufthansa with whom I spoke thinks I am a complete lunatic, but I never told her who I was so at least I am an anonymous lunatic), I am happy to report the following very important information:
1.  The plane from Boston to Frankfurt is a 747-400 and each seat has its own "personal entertainment system", meaning a screen built into the back of the seat in front of you that you can control individually and on demand.
2.  On said "personal entertainment system", you are offered a variety of movies, television shows, and other forms of entertainment that you may choose, at no additional cost.
3.  The plane home from Munich to Boston is a big mother of an Airbus.  This, too, offers said "personal entertainment system" with the same menu of choices.
What a relief to know I can be distracted by the Smurf Movie, or something from India, or even a couple of good old American action adventure films. 
 Ironically, it is far more likely that none of this will matter in the slightest, since I plan to pop one of my magic pills and hopefully sleep for the majority of the flight.  But it's always good to be prepared.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment